- 300g Waitrose Love Life Brown Basmati Rice, rinsed
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
- 150g essential Waitrose Cypriot Light Halloumi150g essential Waitrose Cypriot Light Halloumi
- 1 tbsp Bart Blends Zatar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ x 25g pack mint leaves, torn and stalks removed
- 260g pack spinach, washed and well drained
- 2 peaches, stoned and thinly sliced
- In a pan add the rice, the bouillon powder and 750ml boiling water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and cover for 20-25 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the rice tender. Dry the halloumi with kitchen paper, slice into 12 and sprinkle with half the zaatar.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan and fry the halloumi, spiced-sides down for 2-3 minutes until golden. Turn and cook for 1 minute. Set aside. Heat the remaining oil and fry the onion to soften, add the garlic and the mint, with the remaining zaatar. Season.
- Stir the spinach into the rice until wilted. Tip the mixture into the frying pan. Scatter over the peach slices and top with halloumi, heat through before serving.
- Cook’s tip: Sweet, fruity flavours are delicious with the saltiness of halloumi. Try fresh nectarines instead, or when not in season, dried apricots or figs.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.