- 200g of egg noodles
- 250g of frozen podded edamame beans
- 60g of sunflower seeds
- 100g of desiccated (unsweetened shredded) coconut
- 1-2 tsp of chilli flakes
- 60ml of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of honey
- Juice of 2 limes
- 20g of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 6 spring onions
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and stones removed
- Egg noodles: soba noodles, rice noodles
- Desiccated (unsweetened shredded) coconut: shaved fresh coconut, coconut chips
- Sunflower seeds: pumpkin seeds
- Lime: rice wine vinegar
- First, bring a large pan of water to the boil then cook the noodles over a high heat for the time stated on the packet (around five minutes). Add the beans to the pan for the last 30 seconds of cooking then refresh the noodles and beans under plenty of cold water, drain in a colander and set aside.
- Meanwhile, toast the sunflower seeds for two minutes in a frying pan over a high heat so that they release their natural oils. Add the coconut to the pan for 30 seconds to lightly toast then transfer the seeds and coconut to a plate to cool.
- In a large bowl mix together one teaspoon of chilli flakes, the soy sauce and honey. Squeeze in the lime juice and add the ginger, then stir to combine. Shred the spring onions by cutting them finely on an angle, discarding any tough green upper layers, and slice the avocados. Add to the bowl.
- To assemble, gently toss the cold drained noodles, beans, seeds and coconut in the soy sauce and avocado mixture. Have a taste – you may want to add more chilli flakes – then serve.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.