- 385g pack of sliced butternut squash, larger chunks halved
- 4 tsp of olive oil
- 20g of unsalted butter
- 375g of leeks, trimmed, halved lengthways then finely sliced
- 250g of risotto rice (arborio or carnaroli)
- 175ml of dry white wine
- 1 litre of fresh Cooks’ Ingredients Vegetable Stock, hot
- Juice of ½ small lemon
- 30g of freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Toss the butternut squash with two tsp oil and roast for 20 minutes. Set aside eight smaller pieces, then roughly mash the rest with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining two tsp oil and 10g butter in a large sauté or saucepan. Gently fry the leeks with a pinch of salt over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until soft but not coloured. Stir in the rice, then add the wine and stir until it is absorbed.
- Stir the mashed squash into the rice, then add two ladles of hot stock and stir occasionally until all the liquid is absorbed. Keep adding the stock in the same manner for 20 minutes, or until the rice is just tender. Season with the lemon juice and stir in the remaining butter and half the cheese. Remove from the heat, cover and leave to rest for five minutes before serving topped with the reserved roasted squash and remaining cheese.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.