- 2 aubergines, each cut into three lengthways
- 4 tbsp of miso sauce with honey and chilli
- ½ large cucumber, halved, seeded, then sliced
- 1 tbsp of Japanese rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp of caster sugar
- 25g of Clearspring Sushi Ginger, drained
- 2 tsp of sesame seeds
- 360g of cooked sushi rice (optional)
- 1 tsp of reduced salt soy sauce
- Preheat the grill to high. Score the aubergine slices with a sharp knife then spread them over a large non-stick baking tray.
- Grill on each side for about seven minutes until golden. Spread with the miso sauce and grill for two minutes or until sticky and glazed.
- Meanwhile, toss the cucumber with vinegar, sugar and ginger and season to taste.
- When the aubergines are ready, scatter with the sesame seeds and grill for about one minute more, until the seeds are golden. Serve with the salad and the rice, seasoned with a splash of soy.
- Cook’s tip: Bring a platter of sushi to the table to serve alongside this recipe instead of plain rice.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.