- 300g of dried rice vermicelli, soaked and drained
- 400ml of vegetable stock
- 200ml of coconut milk
- 3 slices of greater galangal (about 3mm thick)
- 1 lemongrass stalk, peeled and sliced
- 2 small red chillies, sliced
- 4 coriander roots (or use fresh coriander stalks), roughly chopped
- 100g of oyster mushrooms, halved
- 120g of extra-firm tofu, cut into large chunks
- 1 generous tbsp of vegetarian roasted chilli paste (or use vegetarian mushroom chilli paste)
- 3 tbsp of lime juice
- 2 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1 tsp of sugar
- ½ tsp of sea salt flakes
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves, plus extra to garnish
- Half-fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to the boil. In another medium saucepan, bring the stock and coconut milk to the boil.
- Once the mixture is bubbling away, add the galangal, lemongrass, chillies and coriander roots or stalks and cook over a medium heat for about ten minutes, until the flavours come through and the soup has turned a slightly yellow colour.
- Now add the oyster mushrooms, tofu, chilli paste, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar and salt.
- Cook for a further minute, then add the tomatoes and coriander leaves. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for another minute, until the tomatoes have softened.
- Cook the noodles in the boiling water for 20 seconds, then drain. Divide the noodles between two bowls, then pour over the soup.
- Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve immediately.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.