- 150g of pistachios, unsalted and shelled, lightly toasted
- 1 handful of mint leaves
- 1 handful of parsley leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 100g of parmesan, finely grated
- 400g of linguine
- Reserve two tablespoons of the nuts, then put the remainder in a food processor with the mint, parsley and garlic. Blitz for ten seconds, then scrape down the bowl. Add a little salt and half the oil, then blitz for five more seconds.
- Add about two-thirds of the cheese and the remaining oil and blitz for another five seconds. Pour into a large warm bowl and taste for seasoning.
- Cook the linguine in lightly salted water until al dente. Once done, take 50ml (just over three tablespoons) of the cooking water and add it to the pesto.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and add to the pesto. Toss it all together thoroughly and taste for seasoning, before serving in warmed bowls with the remaining parmesan and pistachios sprinkled on top.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.